THE ISLAND MEN COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT PROJECTS
1. Members painted the exterior of the Ocean Rescue Building at the Boardwalk in 2014 as Ocean Rescue volunteers focused on the inside of the building
2. Members worked for a couple days helping paint the new Gazebo at the Boardwalk when it was completed but not painted.
3. Members along with Mayor Wilcox built the exterior building that housed Santa’s Workshop at the lake and helped install decorations designed and constructed by the Island Women.
4. Members helped with the “Life Rolls On” Event, which was a day on the water surfing event for those with mobility issues at the Hamlet Beach Access of Carolina Beach.
5. Members help with the annual “Got-em-on-live-bait” Disabled Fishing Tournament held at the Kure Beach Pier
6. Members donated their time and money to build a float and participate in the Annual Carolina Beach Annual Parade.
7. Members of the Club stepped in to organize a last minute Holiday Flotilla when the event had to be cancelled due to limited boat entries by the “Island of Lights”. The objective of our club was not to push the Island of Lights out of their annual event, but instead not disappoint all the residents who had planned dock or Yacht Basin parties for that evening and to keep up the tradition. The Island Men are talking with representatives from the Island of Lights about donating our time to help make next year’s “Island of Lights Flotilla” a much bigger event by securing more boat entries.
8. Members participate on the Annual Carolina Beach Dragon Boat Regatta and Festival Committee to organize and drive the success of this event as well as provide volunteers for two days to help manage the entire event.
9. The Club supports our local business community by scheduling our monthly social/meetings at different restaurants and bars on Pleasure Island.
10. Members actively involved in a number of our local community churches
11. Members are active members of the Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce
12. Members are actively involved in town standing committees
13. Members are involved in helping a wide range of youth sports on the Island